We are quite often asked ‘How can I add the Snipping Tool to the Toolbar?’. The simple answer is you can’t. Technically speaking the ‘Toolbar’ in Windows is a seldom-used option accessed by right-clicking on the Taskbar and selecting the Toolbars option. There is a custom toolbar option but this is generally used for allowing quick access to a folder rather than a specific application.
We tend to find that most users confuse the Taskbar with the Toolbar and they are in fact asking ‘How do I add the Snipping Tool to my Taskbar?’. Now this is a relatively straightforward question. Just follow the steps below or watch the video on the right to pin the Snipping Tool to your Windows Taskbar.
- Click on your Start icon
- Click on the Programs icon
- Scroll down to the ‘W’ section
- Click on the ‘Windows Accessories’ folder to expand it
- Right click on the Snipping Tool icon
- Click the ‘Pin to Taskbar’ option
- The Snipping Tool icon should now be displayed on the Taskbar